33 Stearns St. Suite 2 | Massena | NY 13662
Phone: 315-296-1000 or 518-353-8559
At Enbridge we are committed to providing excellent service and to ensuring that our relationship with you is conducted with integrity and in a responsible, fair, honest and ethical manner. Consistent with these objectives we maintain high standards of confidentiality with respect to the personal information in our possession.
1.0 Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
1.1 What is personal information?
Personal information is information that may be used to identify a specific individual. Examples of personal information include your name, address, age, social security number and other personal identification numbers.
1.2 What personal information does Enbridge collect and use?
In the course of carrying on our business, it is necessary for Enbridge to collect and use information about a variety of individuals. The way this information is used is dependent upon the nature and sensitivity of the particular information. Enbridge limits its collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to the purposes that we have identified to you. For example, Enbridge may collect personal information such as name, address and contact information in order to provide you with important information about equipment safety and to respond to your questions or concerns.
1.3 Purposes: Why do we collect personal information?
Enbridge collects and uses personal information for the purposes reasonably required to carry on our business, including the following:
- To establish and maintain a responsible relationship with you Enbridge collects basic information from its customers, landowners, contractors and other individuals to confirm their identity and related contact information. This information is used to maintain an effective relationship with you.
- To meet legal requirements Enbridge collects and uses personal information in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and our legal obligations to others.
- To manage, develop and improve our operations Enbridge collects and uses personal information to ensure the safe and efficient operation of our rental equipment business.
- To understand your needs from time to time, we may ask you to participate in surveys that provide us with important information about the effectiveness of our rental equipment safety information materials, or other communications.
If we identify a new purpose for the personal information that we have collected from you, we will obtain your consent before using your personal information for the new purpose.
1.4 What personal information does Enbridge disclose?
Enbridge may be required to disclose personal information about individuals in certain situations, including the following:
- To an affiliated company or a third party service provider where the third party has agreed to handle the information in accordance with our policies and the applicable legislation.
- To a person whom Enbridge reasonably believes to be acting as the individual's agent.
- To a public authority, or its agent, to the extent required to comply with legal requirements.
- For the purpose of a proposed sale of a part of our business, in which case, Enbridge will obtain the agreement of third parties to protect the confidentiality of information disclosed.
You may withdraw or limit your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to any legal or contractual restriction and reasonable notice. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent may change the way in which Enbridge is able to interact with you.
- We will not use or disclose your personal information without your consent except in the following circumstances:
- When required by law or for law enforcement or investigatory purposes.
- For an emergency that threatens life, health or security.
- For the purpose of collecting on a debt owed to Enbridge.
- If the information is publicly available and specified in the applicable regulations.
2.0 Protecting Your Personal Information
Keeping your personal information confidential and secure is a priority for us. In order to ensure protection of your personal information, we have developed security procedures to safeguard and protect your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure, copying, and unauthorized use or modification, including:
- Limiting the collection, use and disclosure of personal information to that reasonably required to carry on our business.
- Ensuring that areas and documents are only accessible by authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis.
- Protecting the confidential nature of personal information when dealing with other organizations and requiring them to meet the same standard as we do in handling personal information.
3.0 Your Rights
3.1 Accessing your personal information
We will honor any reasonable requests you make to review, update or correct any of your personal information that is held by Enbridge. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days of the request being made.
You could refuse to allow us to obtain, use or share your personal information or you could also withdraw a previously given consent at any time. However, by doing so, depending on the situation, you may be limiting or even preventing our ability to provide you with the service or product you desire.
3.2 Requesting an update or correction
If you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate, you may ask us to correct it. We will respond to your request to update or correct your personal information within 30 days of the request being made.
3.3 Registering complaints
In the event of any conflict or other concern regarding access to, or the accuracy or our use of, your personal information, you may register a question or complaint with Enbridge.
33 Stearns St., Ste 2
6.0 Visiting the Enbridge Website
A visitor to the Enbridge website, www.enbridgeservices.com, is not required to reveal any personal information, such as name, address, or telephone number. Nor is such information collected passively by electronic means.
Your personal information is only collected when you voluntarily complete an application, request form, or survey. Personal information collected during the application process is only used to respond to your inquires or requests and is not used for any other purposes.
In some cases, our website may collect visitor information that is not personally-identifiable. Examples of this type of information include; Internet protocol (IP) address, type of Internet browser and domain name. This information is used internally, only in aggregate form, to better serve you by helping us manage and improve the content of our website and to diagnose technical problems.
7.0 Enbridge's Commitment to the Privacy Principles
Principle #1: Accountability - Enbridge is responsible for personal information under its control and has designated staff who are accountable for Enbridge's compliance with the privacy principles.
Principle #2: Identifying Purposes - Enbridge shall identify the purposes for which personal information is collected at or before the time of collection.
Principle #3: Obtaining Consent - The knowledge and consent of an individual are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
Principle #4: Limiting Collection - The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Enbridge. Personal information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
Principle #5: Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention - Enbridge shall not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Enbridge shall retain personal information only for as long as necessary to achieve fulfillment of the identified purposes.
Principle #6: Keeping Personal Information Accurate - Enbridge shall keep personal information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Principle #7: Safeguarding Personal Information - Enbridge shall protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Principle #8: Openness concerning our Privacy Practices - Enbridge shall ensure that specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information are made readily available to individuals with whom it interacts.
Principle #9: Access to Information - Enbridge shall, upon request, inform an individual of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall give such individual access to that information.
33 Stearns St. Suite 2
Massena, NY 13662
Franklin Cty: 518-353-8559